Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Our Summer Ambassador Family: Sarah Miller

Introducing our summer ambassador staff! These amazing students stick around for the summer and have the opportunity to represent Adelphi University as ambassadors who will help you find your home here at Adelphi.

Meet Sarah Miller, a Sophomore History major from Malverne, NY!



  • What is your favorite spot on campus?
    • My favorite spot on campus has to be the lower level of the University Center. Students have access to the Underground Cafe which serves Starbucks coffee and beverages, Adelphi's Barnes nd Noble affiliated bookstore, as well as the Commuter Student Lounge! It's a great spot to study, catch up with friends, or to enjoy some alone time!
  • What is your favorite spot in the local area?
    • My favorite spot in the local area is Roosevelt Field Mall which is only a shuttle ride on the Panther Express away! You can never go wrong with shopping!
  • What are your favorite social and academic experiences that you have had at Adelphi?
    • As a commuter, it is certainly important to get involved on campus. As a first year freshman, I wanted to take advantage of the numerous clubs and organizations ADelphi had to offer. The Commuter Student Organization (also known as CSO) holds a Commuter Appreciation Week each semester with a variety of activities. Students have the opportunity toattend professional sporting events, Broadway shows, and enjoy elicious treats from food trucks on campus! It's definitely a week I look forward to every semester.
  • Why did you choose Adelphi?
    • I had my eye on Adelphi since my freshman year of high school. Teaching has always been a passion of mine and Adelphi's STEP program provides me with the opportunity to receive my Bachelor's and Master's in only five years!
  • What is a fun fact about yourself?
    • I am a Netflix/Television fanatic! I definitely consider it to be a talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment