Thursday, August 27, 2015

Our Summer Ambassador Family: Kristina Goncalves

Introducing our summer ambassador staff! These amazing students stick around for the summer and have the opportunity to represent Adelphi University as ambassadors who will help you find your home here at Adelphi.

Meet Kristina Goncalves, a Sophomore Math major and Spanish minor in the STEP and Honors College programs from Mineola, NY!


  • What is your favorite spot on campus?
    • My favorite spot on campus is definitely the library. It is so great to go there between classes and relax. There are so many things I can do in there. Whether I'm in the Information commons hanging out with friends, or in the stacks reading a good book, I'm always having a good time!
  • What is your favorite spot in the local area?
    • My favorite spot in the local area is The Witches Brew. It's a vegetarian coffeehouse that is Halloween themed all year round. It is such an awesome place to hang out with friends.
  • What are your favorite social and academic experiences that you have had at Adelphi?
    • Social: I love being a part of the Commuter Student Organization. One of the best experiences I've had is Commuter Appreciation Week. Every semester we hold a week of events. last Fall I had the opportunity to see Aladdin on Broadway when it first came out for just $30 and I got to bring a guest!
    • Academic: My favorite academic experience was taking Level IV Spanish with Professor Sandra Riveros. She, like so many professors, made me feel so comfortable here at Adelphi. The first day of classes she got to know each person in our class and why we were taking Spanish. When I told her that I wanted to be a bilingual teacher and get my ESL Certification she really listened. The next week she came back with a job offer to teach English as a second language in the local community. She was so caring from day one and she always made learning fun. She really inspired me to be a Spanish minor.
  • Why did you choose Adelphi?
    • I chose Adelphi for its STEP program. Its small class sizes and all of the opportunities and resources that it offers to its students.
  • What is a fun fact about yourself?
    • When I was younger, I was a competitive swimmer. Soon after I started, I realized that I don't have a competitive bone in my body when I let people pass me because I felt bad for them. 

7 comments:

  1. Good to know about Kristina. Keep sharing your stories. Please visit: www.thespa.co.in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice story. Its really appreciable. Kindly visit: www.hotelvipgroup.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know about these amazing students. Kindly follow: www.cancercurative.org

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know about Adelphi University. Kindly visit: www.iiimltd.in

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adelphi University is really leading. Please visit: www.indusedutrain.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to know about this summer ambassador. Please visit: www.docmeet.in

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is very helpful. Please visit www.docmeet.com

    ReplyDelete