Thursday, June 25, 2015

Our Summer Ambassador Family: Samantha Shay

Introducing our summer ambassador staff! These amazing students stick around for the summer and have the opportunity to represent Adelphi University as ambassadors who will help you find your home here at Adelphi.

Meet Samantha Shay, a Junior Psychology and Criminal Justice major from Jonestown, PA.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

  • What is your favorite spot on campus?
    • My favorite spot is definitely under the cherry blossom trees because it's always gorgeous. 
  • What is your favorite spot in the local area?
    • I like going to Roosevelt Field Mall to get all of my shopping (and people watching) done.
  • What are your favorite social and academic experiences that you have had at Adelphi?
    • Social: Being in the Honors College, I've had so many opportunities to attend shows on Broadway, at the Guggenheim, and the Met. I've seen three professional dance shows including American Ballet Theatre and Paul Taylor Dance Company, which is great for me, being a dancer since age 3.
    • Academic: I thoroughly enjoyed a seminar with Professor Peter Costello called Attachment and Relationships, where we dove into the psychology of a person from birth through adulthood and the factors that affect their personality and romantic attachments.
  • Why did you choose Adelphi?
    • I chose to attend Adelphi because I'm from one of the tiniest towns imaginable, where everyone knows everyone, and everything is personalized. It's the same exact thing here. I feel like this is my home now, and my hometown is my second home. Being ten minutes from the mall, fifteen minutes from a beach, and thirty minutes from the city, it's great.
  • What is a fun fact about yourself?
    • I recently won Miss New York 2015! (Yes, even though I'm from PA...)

No comments:

Post a Comment