Thursday, June 11, 2015

Our Summer Ambassador Family: Monica Alves

Introducing our summer ambassador staff! These amazing students stick around for the summer and have the opportunity to represent Adelphi University as ambassadors who will help you find your home here at Adelphi.

Meet Monica Alves, a Senior Nursing major from Mineola, NY.


  • What is your favorite spot on campus?
    • My favorite spot on campus is the Underground Cafe! It's usually quiet and I get to sit on the comfy couches while I do my work and drink Starbucks coffee. 
  • What is your favorite spot in the local area?
    • I love going to 7th Street! There are so many shops and restaurants that I like to visit. 
  • What are your favorite social and academic experiences that you have had at Adelphi?
    • Social: I enjoyed going to Six Flags' Fight Fest with our Student Activities Board for free. I got to go on El Toro for the first time, and got over my fear of roller coasters!
    • Academic: I have to say I love doing my clinical rotations - they are very rewarding. Every time I go to my rotation, I have the opportunity to put a smile on someone's face, or someone can put a smile on mine.
  • Why did you choose Adelphi?
    • I chose Adelphi because of the location -- I was able to commute from home, while also having so many opportunities to get involved! 
  • What is a fun fact about yourself?
    • I'm a first generation college student and I can speak Portuguese fluently!


No comments:

Post a Comment