Thursday, June 18, 2015

Our Summer Ambassador Family: Megan Mazza

Introducing our summer ambassador staff! These amazing students stick around for the summer and have the opportunity to represent Adelphi University as ambassadors who will help you find your home here at Adelphi.

Meet Megan Mazza, a Senior English major in the STEP program from Valley Stream, NY.



  • What is your favorite spot on campus?
    • My favorite spot on campus is the stacks in Swirbul Library because it's always quiet and my go-to place to get work done.
  • What is your favorite spot in the local area?
    • I love going to Buffalo Wild Wings, especially on Tuesdays or Thursdays when it's 69 cent wing night. Plus it's a great place to watch a hockey game! 
  • What are your favorite social and academic experiences that you have had at Adelphi?
    • Social: I really enjoy going to the various Broadway shows that S.A.B. provides tickets for. I've been able to see Finding Neverland, Lion King, Newsies, Jersey Boys, Phontom of the Opera, and so many more, and all for a cheap price!
    • Academic: One of my favorite academic experiences is going to the Soap Box series that is hosted by professors in the English Department. This series targets different aspects of writing and literature within the world. One of my favorites that I attended was about censorship and there was a panel of writers from Singapore that shared their experiences with censorship. Not only was it an eye opening experience, but a great networking opportunity as well.
  • Why did you choose Adelphi?
    • I came to Adelphi initially because of the small class sizes. My high school graduating class was small so I was used to having only about twenty students or so in my class, plus I was a teachers pet and wanted to be able to maintain that same kind of relationship with my professors. I didn't want to just be a number in the classroom.
  • What is a fun fact about yourself?
    • My car's name is Maurice and he has a mustache. 

No comments:

Post a Comment