Friday, June 19, 2015

Ayubowan - Around Sri Lanka with Isuri (#1)

Hello prospective Panthers and current Panthers! Hope you are all having a fantastic Summer break!

This is first of a few posts that I'll be making, introducing you all to where I come from: 
SRI LANKA :)

There's a few guest appearances on this post. So let me introduce to you my bestfriend and her sister, Mayumi and Miyuko, and of course my support system, my parents. 

So this past weekend I went to Nuwara Eliya after quite some time, and I had such a fantastic time being back! For those of you who've heard me rant, the weather forecast in Sri Lanka is basically summer all year long, but N.E is where it's nicer and colder because it's up in the Central Province of the island; the hills. 

Fun fact: In 1995, Sri Lanka was the World's No. 1 tea exporter. We're currently the fourth, but where do you think all this tea (that you possibly drank too) comes from? Nuwara Eliya! 

We made a small pitt stop at Dambulla before getting to N.E and I managed to snap this on the way. 

En route: Dambulla

The following day we made it to Nuwara Eliya, where we stayed at the Heritance Tea Factory. The tea factory was burnt down during the First World War, and so in the 30s was renovated into the hotel today. Later in the 60s additional interior design adjustments were made to create the master piece it is today. However, everything in the hotel, was a productive part of the tea factory it once was. 

A panoramic view of the hotel. 

Meet Chaminda; a hotel employee who welcomed us into this beautiful stay with some tradition. 

Chaminda after greeting us. 

Hah! Are you so caught up in this bucket list destination? Catch my next post to read and see what I did during my weekend in Nuwara Eliya. Yes, believe me, I did more than indulge myself in some strawberries and cream and elegantly sip on my cup of tea! Await post #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment