Monday, March 9, 2015

Descending to the Underground


Here at Adelphi, almost every single person has a place on campus where they go when they are feeling stressed, have some extra time on their hands, or simply just want to hang out and meet up with friends. Some people like the Performing Arts Center (PAC), the library, or even the Center for Recreation and Sports (CRS). Personally, as you may have guessed by the title, mine is the Underground Cafe in the University Center. Whether it may be that I have a break between classes, or maybe I have some extra time and need to get some work done, I'll always be heading to the Underground. Not to mention there's Starbucks Coffee and Juniors Cheesecake served down there! 

The Underground Cafe is always full of people chatting, reading, doing homework, and enjoying a nice cup of coffee. One of my favorite things is when there are performers in the underground; a couple of times a month, the underground cafe has students come sing and/or play an instrument, making the room feel like a chic jazz cafe. One of my favorite things to do when there's a performance, is go to the University Center Cafeteria with my friends to get dinner, and bring it downstairs and eat while listening to the performer in the Underground. 

The way my schedule is set up, I have an hour break between my classes. Personally, I know if I go back to my room I'd want to lay down and not wake up for my next class, which wouldn't be so good. So instead, I head to the underground to do work, get a cup of coffee, and/or just go on my computer (aka go on Pinterest). And what's so amazing is there are so many different places to sit; if I'm doing work, I'll usually sit at a table or booth so I'm able to concentrate, but otherwise, I usually sit on one of the couches or extremely comfortable chairs they have. I could stay down there for hours, just doing work or on my computer (and sometimes I have). 




So, I invite you to fall in love with the Underground Cafe too! 




No comments:

Post a Comment