Thursday, June 2, 2016

MinhLe Express (#1)

Happy Summer Panthers! My name is Minh and I'll be sharing my unique Adelphi experience with you all! Be sure to stay tuned for my future posts!:)

Share Moments. Share Life.

New York City, Adelphi, and I
I was accepted into Adelphi University on the last day of 2014 – December 31st. And that my friend, is the day that I realize my life is going to change in a big way.
It does.
Coming from Vietnam, a country that is not 10 hours, but 24 hours away from the United States, I had a quite big culture shock when I came here. There are not many mopeds or motorbikes like there are in Vietnam. On the second day that I have been in New York, I decided to go to Times Square to experience the city life that I have been craving for since day one. I took the Q train from Brooklyn, and somehow made my way to the city. New York, I must say, is super crowded. New Yorkers are always in a hurry, every hour seems to be rush hour. While I was trying to figure out my way up to the streets, people rush through me like the Flash rushing through time and space. As soon as I reached the 42nd street, the first thing I saw was skyscrapers. Tall buildings were everywhere with huge and extravagant electrical signs. Famous brands that have never been in Vietnam popped up with every blink I took. I bought my first New York jacket in American Eagle Outfitters, along with bunch of T-shirts to get ready for the heat of the summer. New York’s heat is very different from that of Hanoi, Vietnam. It has the low humidity that no place in Vietnam can have. I prefer the weather in New York than in Vietnam.
Fig. 1. Times Square 42nd street, 2015.
That’s enough about my New York City experience. Now, the main reason for me to come to the US: Adelphi University. Why did I choose to go to Adelphi?
Simple. Hannah Montana says that nobody is perfect. And here is Adelphi. 

Fig. 2. I visited Adelphi University for the first time.
Adelphi University is among the best universities of the United States with its prestigious Nursing program. The university offers students great scholarships and supports whenever the students need it. One of the Admission Officers- Shannon Paul, came all the way from the US to Vietnam to meet me and my family. She was so nice and thoughtful to help me building the next 4 years of my life in Adelp
Fig. 3. I met Shannon, the Director of International Admission of Adelphi.
I have finished my first year of college. As pictures says a thousand words, here are some photos that sums up my freshman year in Adelphi, and they will also explain why Adelphi University is the best choice I have ever made in my life:
 
Fig. 4. My Admissions Fam and President Riordan.     

             
Fig. 5. My LGS Fam.

Fig. 6. My Islip Fam
  
Fig. 7. Me and my first Holi ever.


Fig. 8. I was at a DPI/NGO Briefing in the UN Headquarter.


Hope you enjoy my adventure in Adelphi!
Minh, xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment