Thursday, September 24, 2015

Our Ambassador Family: Rebecca Singh

Meet our ambassador family! These students are all shining stars of the Adelphi community, involved in various ways, and they all have the opportunity to represent Adelphi on your next tour.

Meet Rebecca Singh, a transfer student, and a Senior English major from Bellerose, NY.


  • What is your favorite spot on campus?
    • My favorite spots are the library, the Performing Arts Center, and the Underground Cafe.
  • What is your favorite spot in the local area?
    • My favorite spot in the local area is Witches' Brew because it's a great spot for coffee and desserts!
  • What are your favorite social and academic experiences that you have had at Adelphi?
    • Social: My favorite social experience has been being the President of the South Asian Student Association. It was a privilege to lead an organization that spread South Asian culture and diversity across campus by engaging students in many events and activities. 
    • Academic: My favorite academic experience has been my study abroad trip to London, where I studied London theatre. Not only did it help me grow as an individual, but also taught me about European culture, which I've learned to embrace. 
  • Why did you transfer to Adelphi?
    • I chose to come to Adelphi because I felt that I could be myself at this university. I can get involved, which benefits my personal growth, and I've been given so many wonderful opportunities towards my career as an aspiring Journalist. I always say, "home is where the heart is," and Adelphi has become my home and transferring here has been the greatest decision I've made so far in my college career.


No comments:

Post a Comment