Saturday, May 6, 2017

Ambassador in the Spotlight: Adam



What most first year students experience when choosing Adelphi, is the amazing Adelphi tour guide program. On the tour ,perspective students learn about campus life and what Adelphi means to the Ambassadors. On this tour, I first learned of an amazing event that the entire Adelphi Community Participates in; called Spring Concert. My tour guide, gave an excellent explanation of what Spring Concert means to its students. Since that day I knew about Spring Concert and that I wanted to attend Spring Concert. Through my involvement with the Students Activities Board (SAB), I was not only able to attend spring concert but I was able to work behind the scenes. 

With my involvement in SAB I have had the opportunity to attend more than half the events we bring on campus and to work with my fellow members, the chairs, and the e-board on our cotton candy and popcorn machines. I had the opportunity to work closely at one of our game nights and help run the event with our current Vice President of Programming and our Game Night Chair. I also had the privilege to attend this year’s National Association for Campus Activities Convention with SAB. As well as becoming the Student Government Association representative. These experiences has helped me to develop into a stronger leader. Through Spring Concert  I was able to coordinate certain processes that happen throughout the night of the concert. I have developed my leadership skills in being a member the year and a future member of the E-Board, which plans and books the artists during the year. I have grown in my ability to collaborate with others and bring people together as a community regardless of their differences. I have found comfort in coming together with my Adelphi family to work together and to build peer skills.


Those experiences has helped me to get a better experience at Adelphi. Through Spring Concert, I was able to understand where the motivation, dedication, and excitement the community has. Spring Concert enhanced my Adelphi Experience to the extent of which I was able to coordinate with SAB's chairs, Members and the E-board to bring a huge event and made everything work out perfectly. The organizations efforts put on an amazing concert. Through my dedication and commitment I was fortunate enough to meet our opening act of Tinashe and main artist DNCE. Communication, organization, leadership, and representation are the key components of what any e-board member should exemplify. All of which I have gain and enhanced in my experience  For the next academic year I will proudly be serving as the Vice President of Correspondence (or Secretary) for SAB.


No comments:

Post a Comment