Friday, April 14, 2017

Ambassador in the Spotlight: Kristina


IMG_0106.JPG

One of my favorite things about Adelphi is that you can follow your passions while simultaneously following your career path. I, myself, am studying to be a math teacher but I’ve always been passionate about fighting cancer. Ever since I was a little girl, I have seen many of my family members and friends suffer from this vicious disease and have wanted to fight back. Adelphi University gave me that opportunity.

fullsizeoutput_16a7.jpeg

Each year, Adelphi hosts an event called Relay for Life. Throughout the year students, faculty, and the local community raise awareness and fundraise leading up to this large 12 hour event. During Relay for Life participants are given the opportunity to remember those that they have lost, honor those that are fighting, and take a stance against cancer.

17546736_1914320242144915_375305395108892084_o.jpg

Relay for Life has truly enhanced my experience at Adelphi. Through it I have developed my leadership skills in being a member of the Event Leadership Team, which plans fundraisers throughout the year, and helps coordinate Relay for Life. I have grown in my ability to collaborate with others and bring people together as a community regardless of their differences. I have found comfort in coming together with my Adelphi family to fight back against this disease which has affected all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment